- Scott Keeter, Pew Research Center
Adding Cell Phones to Your Telephone Surveys
This one hour webinar will address the question of when and how to include a cell phone sample in your telephone surveys. With more than one-fourth of U.S. households now reachable only by cell phone, it is becoming increasingly important to include a cell phone sample in telephone surveys. But doing so can be costly and complicated.
The presentation has four objectives:
(1) Examine past research to determine when it’s important to include cell phones.
(2) Describe how to obtain cell phone samples and review best practices in calling cell phones.
(3) Discuss the statistical issues involved in combining landline and cell phone samples.
(4) Describe the cost implications of calling cell phones.