Washington, D.C., February 14, 2019 – The Insights Association Board of Directors has voted unanimously to create the Canadian Advisory Council, the ninth committee of the association.
The Council is tasked with providing guidance to the Board regarding the unique needs of members based in Canada. “The Council's mission is to protect, expand and advance the business and practice of market and marketing research, intelligence and data analytics/science through member benefits tailored for Canadian insights companies and professionals,” said association CEO David W. Almy.
“We are incredibly excited by the remarkable group of insights leaders who have agreed to serve on the Council. They are some of the finest minds in the profession,” Almy added. The Council includes insights professionals from across Canada, including:
- Catie Brooks, Strategy & Insights, McDonald's
- Joseph Chen, Insights Lead, Chocolate, North America, Mondelez
- Corrin Harper, President, Insightrix Research
- Isabelle Landreville, President & Chief Insight Seeker, Sylvestre & Co.
- Bernie Malinoff, President, element 54
- Scott Megginson, President, Insights Division, Kantar Canada
- Raj Manocha, Chief Revenue Officer, Delvinia; President, Methodify
- Aileen O’Doherty, Head of Customer Insights, Home Depot
- Alyssa Rodrigo, Director of Insights, AbinBev
- Lee Vernon, Manager, Commercial Insights and Planning, Metro
- Catherine Yuile, Executive Vice President, Insights & Analytics, Edelman
Scott Megginson is chairing the Council with Alyssa Rodrigo serving as vice chair.
The association, which already counts many Canadian members in its ranks, has expanded outreach in the country and expects to hold two events in Toronto this year.
The first is an addition to the association’s highly rated and growing CEO Summit series, which made its international debut in London last fall focused on the successful leadership of insights businesses. The new CEO Summit Toronto is scheduled for May 13-15.
The second – Insights CA – will be a new and wide-ranging insights and analytics conference emphasizing paths to success as the industry transitions from conducting primary research to implementing business guidance based upon a broad array of data sources to secure competitive advantage.