Counsel and Privacy Officers working for and with company members of the Insights Association are invited to participate in the organization's General Counsel Forum.
The meeting will be held on Thursday, October 5 from 10 a.m.- 2 p.m. (lunch will be provided) at the New York City office of Abt SRBI (180 Maiden Lane). The Forum is a benefit exclusive to Insights Association company members.
The agenda will include, among other topics, a presentation on the sprawl of TCPA litigation by the Institute for Legal Reform, a discussion of key EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) concerns and a Government Affairs update from Howard Fienberg, lobbyist for the Insights Association.
We have a fantastic agenda for the meeting, including the following presentations:
- TCPA Litigation Sprawl: A Study of the Sources and Targets of Recent TCPA Lawsuits (Kristina Sesek, Director, Legislative Affairs, U.S. Chamber Institute for Legal Reform)
- Navigating Courts' Interpretations of Marketing vs. Market Research Activities under the TCPA: Why The Insights Association Filed A Petition for Declaratory Relief with the FCC (Stuart Pardau, Managing Partner of the Law Offices of Stuart L. Pardau & Associates and legal consultant to the Insights Association)
- Prepare to be Ransomed – A quick look at legal obligations before and after ransomware strikes (Russ Anderson Esq., Pullman & Comley, LLC)
- An Examination of Consent and Legitimate Interests as legal bases for processing personal data under the GDPR (Abby Devine, Insights Association Director of Government & Public Affairs)
- Legislative Update (Howard Fienberg, Insights Association Director of Government Affairs)
Please contact Howard Fienberg to learn more about attending or with suggestions for topics for the agenda.