Evolving Data Sources for Market Research & Insights Work.
Date and Time: August 18th and 19th from 10:00am - 11:30am
Instructor: Jeff McKenna, MCK Insights
Price: Free for Insights Association Members
Visit our event page to sign up.
What Every Market Research & Insights Pro Needs to Know about Data Options in 2020:
Evolving Data Sources for Market Research & Insights Work
Old days: Many market research-related projects involved surveys and focus groups (or in-depth interviews). Often as a “qual/quant” combo.
Present day: Widespread availability of behavioral, transactional and even passive data collection means we have lots of options when developing methodology plans. And depending on a given project’s goals, some blending may even be in order.
In this 3-hour workshop (delivered in 2 parts), attendees will learn about the real-world pros and cons of newer data sources, and options for blending them with “traditional” primary research methods. The goal? For you to learn how to objectively recommend the best available methods and data sources for specific business needs. And, as a result, to make sure your clients and colleagues know they can count on you for a well-informed methodology plan.
How can market researchers best meet the needs of business executives who live in a data-driven, customer-centric, agile world? Find out on August 18th and 19th
Join Instructor Jeff McKenna, a true Research Rockstar, who uses examples and mini-case studies to demonstrate how to choose the right data sources and methodology options—and resist the temptation to default to “traditional” research tools.
About the Instructor: Jeff McKenna has expertise in the design and delivery of market research projects, including data processing, advanced methodologies and data reporting. His work has directly informed new product development, segmentation, brand development, customer satisfaction and CX strategies. Using a Research Rockstar curriculum, Jeff will facilitate this highly interactive, fast-paced workshop.
Part 1: Tuesday August 18th, 10-11:30 AM Eastern.
- Data-driven Decision Making: The C-Suite POV on Self-reported versus Behavioral Data Sources
- The Current Data Landscape: Transactional, Behavioral, Passive and Market Research Options
- What options exist?
- What are their comparative strengths and weaknesses?
- Data Reliability Considerations: What All Market Researchers Need to Know about Volume, Velocity, Variety and Veracity
- When & How to Select Data Sources, Example 1: Informing Brand Strategy
- What data options can help with discovering and measuring brand awareness and perceptions, without over-relying on potentially biased self-reported measures?
Part 2: Wednesday August 19th, 10-11:30 AM Eastern.
Note: Students will have a case study assignment that will be due for the start of Part 2. Attendees should plan to spend one hour preparing the case study assignment (which includes a short reading assignment and a written methodology planning practice exercise).
- When & How to Select Data Sources, Example 2: Informing Market Segmentation Strategies
- How can Transactional and 3rd Party data sources enhance survey-based market segmentation models?
- When & How to Select Data Sources, Example 3: Informing Product Innovation Plans
- When is it best to choose new data sources for discovering customer needs and aspirations that can inform product roadmap planning and support agile product concept development?
- Wrapping Up: What Data Options Apply to Your Future Projects?
- Includes printable data source framework reference material
This event is open to Insights Association Members. Space is limited! Visit our event page for more information and to sign up.