Volunteer & Support
Sharon Mutter Professional Development Awards
The Sharon Mutter Professional Development Award was established in 2015 in honor of an esteemed and revered member of the marketing research profession who passed away in 2015. Sharon Mutter was a longtime member of the Insights Association and a Charter member of the Great Lakes Chapter. She was dedicated to the craft of marketing research and was equally passionate about developing and enhancing the talents of research professionals.
The Great Lakes Chapter honors her memory through the establishment of this award. The GLC is now presenting two $500 awards which are earmarked for the ongoing professional development of one student aspiring to join the marketing research profession, along with one professional currently in the marketing research industry.
The Sharon Mutter Professional Development Award dollars must be applied to costs directly associated with attendance at the 2020 Fall Conference sponsored by the Insights Association Great Lakes Chapter.
The award is nontransferable.
To qualify and apply for the Sharon Mutter Professional Development Award as a Marketing Research Professional, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Currently or previously employed in the marketing research profession as a supplier, corporate research function or an independent researcher (qualitative or quantitative). Proof on an official company letterhead will be required.
- All applicants must work or live in the geographic area which compromises the Great Lakes Chapter (Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Missouri, Ohio, Kentucky and Eastern Canada).
To qualify and apply for the Sharon Mutter Professional Development Award as a Student/Academic, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Must currently be enrolled in an accredited college to pursue an undergraduate or graduate degree in Business, Marketing or MBA with an emphasis on Marketing Research, with a current GPA of 3.0 or higher. Proof, via transcript and/or letter from the school’s department head on official letterhead, is required.
- All applicants must be enrolled in an accredited college or university in the geographic area which compromises the Great Lakes Chapter (Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Missouri, Ohio, Kentucky and Eastern Canada).
Applicants must complete the appropriate application form and submit a personal statement (one page max) detailing how the Development Award will help them advance both personally and professionally.
- If you're a marketing research professional, click here to complete the application
- If you're a student/academic, click here to complete the application
- To submit your application you will need to save the completed PDF file, along with any other requested documents, and attach in an email to: email@example.com
The deadline to apply is June 5th, 2020.
Award winners will be announced in July 2020.
If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org