About the Chapter
We are among the most active chapters in the Insights Association network. Communication, networking opportunities, education and financial rewards are among the many benefits we offer to our Chapter’s members.
The main goals of the Southwest Chapter, as described by our Mission Statement, are to provide best-in-class resources and educational opportunities to our members while building and retaining our membership base. Currently, our chapter has around 300 members. Because we are geographically dispersed across the US but concentrated in our 6 state regional boundaries, the ongoing chapter activities are geared toward networking, education, reaching new members and generating volunteerism, which includes participation in the Annual Chapter Conference in Las Vegas and a strong presence at the Insights Association's NEXT and CRC Conferences.
The Southwest Chapter of the Insights Association mission is to add value to the membership; we will do this by:
- Educating members about the latest techniques and technologies in all aspects of marketing research, including consumer and business insights, customer experience and data analytics;
- Providing value and learning opportunities to insights professionals through newsletters, local networking opportunities, webinars and conferences;
- Promoting chapter engagement through opportunities for involvement by hosting in-person and online events across the geographic area of the Southwest Chapter;
- Providing inspiration, leadership and direction to promote professionalism and excellence within our membership while adhering to the professional standards of the national Insights Association;
- Encouraging understanding and appreciation of consumer and business insights, customer experience and data analytics by the general public;
- Encouraging membership cooperation with educational institutions in preparing students for careers in consumer and business insights, customer experience and data analytics
- Providing professional and leadership skills development through volunteerism, mentoring and exposure to local and national Insights Association leaders.
The Southwest Chapter has teamed up with other chapters in the past, including the Northwest, Southeast, and Southern California Chapters to conduct a Combined Annual Chapter Conference in Las Vegas, NV. This annual event started over 20 years ago and has become bigger and better each year due to combined efforts from other chapters and increased attendance from across the US. The Annual Las Vegas Conference is held in February or March of each year. Look for additional information on this milestone event here on the website, in future issues of the Cactus Call, and the MRA National Alert! magazine.
In addition to the Annual Conference, the Southwest Chapter holds an Educational Forum each summer. The Forum kicks off with a welcome reception the evening before the conference, and is followed by a day full of good sessions, good food, and good conversation!
In our continuing effort to promote education, the Southwest Chapter offers quarterly webinars to our members. Through the Southwest Chapter webinars, members will have the opportunity to learn new industry trends, understand how to gain and comminucate insights, and learn techniques for conducting market research in the 21st century. Webinars will be certified for Insights Association PRC credits.
It's geographically challenging to get together on a regular basis when your members are spread out across a region as large as ours. For that reason, we now have begun to offer smaller, local networking and education events in some of the larger cities we serve. Our first local event was held at a brewery in Denver, Colorado in May 2019, and we had an amazing turnout! Members and non-members alike who may not be able to travel to some of our larger events were able to attend an evening of phenomenal content and conversation. Be on the lookout for a local event coming soon to your city!
Board of Directors
All the benefits listed above would not be possible without the dedication and support of our members and the Chapter’s Board of Directors. These are members that sit on the board in an advisory role and hold monthly Board teleconferences throughout the year to plan the events above, and meet in person for a day-long Strategic Planning Event once per year as well . This in-person meeting is held immediately before the annual Educational Forum. In addition, the Chapter has an extremely active Past Presidents council, who serve annually on the Board as trusted Advisors.