More than two months since the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) went into effect, how is your compliance? Questions and concerns linger within many marketing research and data analytics companies and departments. You may have a few yourself.
Remember, even if you don't have an office or clients based in the EU, GDPR could impact you and your company.
While we always stand ready to assist you, we wanted to reach out with some new articles and a few reminders. In the months leading up to the GDPR implementation deadline of May 25, we hosted a webinar series, and created a GDPR information portal. These resources remain available and may prove helpful as you and your teams work through potential issues and concerns.
Here are some new articles and resources you may find useful.
- Does GDPR Apply to EU Citizens Residing in the U.S. or to Americans in Europe?
- U.S.-EU Privacy Shield and GDPR Compliance
- FAQs on Privacy Shield, DPOs, DPIAs, Risk, Consent, Legitimate Interest, Legal Basis
- Model Form for Consent for Personal Data Capture and Data Transfer
- Processing and Protecting Children's Data
- The Individual's Right to be Informed
- What is a Legal Basis for Processing Personal Data?
- GDPR Compliance - How Implementing an Information Security System Can Help
- Does your company need to appoint a Data Protection Officer and if so, who can perform the role and what is required?
- Transferring Data Across Borders under the EU's Protective Regulation
- Are Cookies OK in the GDPR?
- Personal Data Retention: How Long Should You Keep a Subject's Data?
- Definitions to Help You Understand GDPR Requirements
If you are a company member of the Insights Association and have specific questions or concerns you'd like addressed by our team of experts, please contact Nicole Symelidis. If you are interested in converting to a company membership to take advantage of this offering and additional benefits, Nicole will assist you.
Also, despite some reports to the contrary, the European Parliament did not kill the U.S.-EU Privacy Shield. So, if you're looking to get farther along in your GDPR compliance, or just need a good legal option to transfer data across the Atlantic, contact Juliana Wood about the Insights Association Privacy Shield Program. A benefit of company membership, it serves as an Independent Recourse Mechanism (IRM), a required component of the Shield.
This information is not intended and should not be construed as or substituted for legal advice. It is provided for informational purposes only. It is advisable to consult with your attorney on the precise scope and interpretation of any laws/regulation/legislation and their impact on your particular business.